The Boulevard Neighborhood Association, Historic Cobbham Foundation, the Pulaski Heights Neighborhood, Parkside Partners and the locally owned businesses on Prince Avenue, invite you to
See and Be Seen
on Prince Avenue
Saturday, May 17 10:30am – 1:30pm
Neighbors and businesses have joined together to create a special day in celebration of living and working on or near the in-town section of Prince Avenue (Pulaski to Milledge #GoTown). This informal event will include a variety of activities intended to encourage pedestrian and bicycle traffic to highlight how Prince Avenue affects our lives on a daily basis. See and Be Seen will culminate with a walking school bus from Hendershots to Ciné for a matinee screening of The Lego Movie.
• Family Cycling / Riding with bags meet and greet at 10:30 am (Emanuel Church, Pope St parking lot). We’ll be talking, sharing tips, asking and answering questions about riding with families and riding with bags. Check out local XtraCycle cargo bikes! Free bike lights for the first 25 participants.
Provided by Bike Athens.
• Historical markers of existing and lost architecture of Prince Avenue.
Provided by the Athens-Clarke Heritage Foundation.
• Tours of the T.R.R. Cobb House with readings in the gardens provided by Avid Bookshop staff. Half hour tours beginning at 11:00 am, Noon and 1:00 pm.
• Photo booth at Boulevard Animal Hospital.
• Athens Academy SEEDS environmental club: Bottle Raft Performance art sculpture. To call attention and promote awareness of the extensive use of plastic bottles and bags used on this planet.
Piedmont College triangle at Prince/Cobb/Harris Street.
• Also in the Piedmont College triangle: Chess and Community will have chess boards, neighborhood families will provide other board games as well.
And of course, the businesses on Prince Avenue doing what they do every day:
Avid Bookshop Boulevard Animal Hospital Daily Groceries Co-op Flagpole Magazine The Grit Model Citizen Salon Taqueria del Sol
The businesses of the Bottleworks:
Cullen & Co. Express nails Hendershot’s Lululemon
Revival Yarns Seabear Oyster Bar Siri Thai Viva Argentina Tazikis
Please join us for a festive morning/afternoon. #GoTown