Our Vision and Mission
We envision a comprehensive transportation network that all Athenians can use with confidence and ease.
Our mission is to promote walking, cycling, and public transit as solutions to transportation needs in Athens through education, advocacy, and community service.
Strategic Goals (2010 – 2012)
At our December strategic planning session, the Board of Directors identified the following organizational goals for the immediate future:
- Improve public knowledge of safe cycling, walking & driving behavior.
- Ensure Bike Recycling Program sustainability & growth.
- Advocate for bicycle, pedestrian, and transit facility improvements through all available channels.
- Improve internal board processes.
- Improve, update & expand organizational communications strategy (e.g. promotional materials, website).
- Explore opportunities for securing permanent BikeAthens office & workshop space.
- Engage & expand membership.
- 2011 Accomplishments (what have we done for you lately)
- Membership Benefits
- Board of Directors
- Board Meeting Minutes Archive (coming soon)
- Annual Reports Archive (coming soon)
BikeAthens understands the importance of protecting its members’ personal privacy. We never sell or release member information. BikeAthens only uses information from members to solicit memberships and membership renewals, to announce BikeAthens or transportation-related events in the community, and to notify members of upcoming decision that pertain to transportation and related policy decisions.Nondiscrimination Policy
It is the policy of BikeAthens that all personnel actions, including recruiting, hiring and promotions, or admission and access to programs, services, and activities will be accomplished in a non-discriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.